ARISE SHINE; FOR YOUR LIGHT HAS COME, AND THE GLORY OF THE LORD HAS RISEN UPON YOU.
January 18 is a beginning of a new year, a new hope and a fresh start for the QACians as the school reopened amidst Covid-19 pandemic.
As Queen of Angels' Convent High School witnessed a rejuvenated start, important precautions as per safety guidelines provided by the Education Board were duly adhered to, both inside and outside the classroom to prevent the spread of virus.
- Physical Distancing
- Practicing health and hand hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfecting classrooms
- Actions to be taken if a student falls sick
- Floral Welcome
QACians were greeted at the school entrance with roses which brought smile and freshness on their faces and, were overwhelmed by such reception.
- The students need to show the consent letter duly sanctioned by their parents, everyday at the entrance to allow themselves enter inside the school. The day began with a prayerful note by the Principal, followed by a hymn.
- Use of thermal gun at the gate:
The main purpose of this device is to measure the body temperature from a distance. Students were screened properly with the instrument at the entrance of the school gate to ensure that the students do not suffer from fever. Teachers, too, were examined for temperature.
- In each class, only 15 students were allowed to sit thus maintaining at least two meters distance between each. Roll numbers were stuck on the desk to ensure that children would settle down at the allotted seat.
- Students were advised the importance of handwashing which is easiest, cost efficient and effective way of combating the spread of germs and keeping them healthy. Continuous flow of running tap water and soap was provided for the same. After this process, use of personal sanitizer was suggested for hundred percent safety.
- Prior to students' arrival in school, the management ensured sanitization of classrooms and school surroundings through disinfectants. Daily cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and objects that are touched often by students such as desks, doorknobs, computer keyboards, laboratory apparatus, tables and so on.
- School ensured and made it strict and compulsory to each student that they bring from home at least two sets of masks, sanitizer, tiffin box, water bottle and hand napkin. The teachers were very vigilant that they use them properly and do not share or exchange any of these items.
- The classrooms were properly ventilated for fresh air. Teachers stood on the floor corridor to check the students' discipline.
- Installation of hand sanitizer pump: Even though the school offers a clean and sanitized environment for students, alcohol-based hand sanitizer pumps has been installed at various intervals of distance in the school premises.
- To create awareness among students, Cutouts/Printouts were displayed, from school entrance to various classrooms, on importance of safety precautions - wearing masks, use of sanitizers, maintaining physical distancing and so on. Doctors' mobile numbers were put up at different places to be contacted during emergency.
- To avoid overcrowding, Classes X & XII were called on different days. Today (18-1-21) it was the turn of Class X.
Std. X-A came at 7.30am to 9.30am; whereas, Std. X-B at 10am to 12 noon slot. Students were further divided into small groups and sent to four laboratories (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer).
The main focus being the Science and Computer Practicals and clearing of doubts
Overall, it was a fruitful filled with excitement day for the students as they left the school premises with a positive note to come back again.
School Reopening Photo Gallery